Technology Sales Relationship Manager
Join us as Technology Sales Relationship Manager
- You'll be responsible for the acquisition, growth and expansion of the technology sales balance sheet, through solution selling to new and existing customers in accordance with customer needs
- We'll look to you to support the Finance Relationship Managers with technical pre sales and services activity supported by advanced training and certification developing capability across both current and new technology asset classes and manufacturers
- You'll be providing thought leadership and agnostic presentation of new technologies to customers to ensure a best in class approach
- This area is fundamental to the Lombard Technology Sales (LTS) Services portfolio and our specialist business proposition. Joining a small team to grow and develop the reseller capability whilst delivering exceptional service to the bank's corporate customers
What you'll do
You'll understand the overall services proposition and be able to deliver a cradle to grave solution to meet customer needs, covering all relevant products and challenges. In this role, you'll be responsible for the management of leads, quotations and proposals using the CRM pipeline to accurately track and predict sales whilst managing the supply chain to ensure effective cost and stock management.
We'll look to you to:
- Deliver comprehensive quotations, pre sales knowledge and cradle to grave principles to internal and external customers in support of delivering a wider LTS proposition
- Understand customer requirements and provide solutions to customer business needs by customer-centric thinking at a strategic level, building strategy, plans and structure for the Technology Sales Service
- Undertake responsibility for acquiring and developing new and existing customer relationships, monitoring progress and managing delivery
- Deliver continuous improvement in the business’s approach to its Technology Sales strategy to ensure that opportunities, threats, market trends or predictions are always taken into account when developing strategies
- Build, maintain and leverage effective relationships with external stakeholders (supply partners), always pushing them to achieve service delivery to higher standards
- Develop, maintain and apply technical expertise, through manufacturer accreditations in line with the Technology Sales strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all parts of the business, promoting LTS and building trusted and valued relationships, with particular focus with regard to business development, risk and governance
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with Information Technology Sales or Presales (IT Reseller, IT Distribution or IT Services) experience, and Professional qualifications (CIPS) or procurement experience. You'll have sector experience across the assets relevant to the role or significant general industry experience. You'll need relationship management with internal stakeholders, knowledge of data analysis and interpretation, experience of obtaining and analysing information and the ability to network, communicate, present and build relationships at board level.
You'll need the following technical knowledge:
- Certifications with HP, Dell, Lenovo, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, or VMWare
- Experience with application and licensing, technical knowledge on servers and storage and deskside environment
- Strong pre sales technical configuration skills and solution selling
- Expert market pricing knowledge (Volume discounting, special bid, reactive sourcing)
- Knowledge of leasing structures and risk mitigants
- Understanding of financial returns
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At , we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.