This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in technology (infrastructure & applications) audits, IT risk management or IT Security, a position as Auditor is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for providing quality, efficient and effective assurances and influencing business managers to improve controls. You will contribute to the independent engagement assurance by undertaking allocated taks within the engagement life cycle.
To qualify for this role, you need to have experience in IT auditing, IT/Information Security, and Technology Risk Management preferably with auditing certifications such as CISA, CISSP, SANS-GIAC or CISM.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Internal Audit function reporting to the Head of Audit.
Internal Audit’s vision is to be an excellent Audit function providing independent assurance and Opinions that have impact and influence. RBS operates a 3 Line of Defence Model. IA acts as the 3rd line of defence to provide independent, objective assurance to ensure that the controls over the key business processes are adequate and effective to manage the key business risks.
As Auditor, your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertake effective process mapping
- Supporting a senior auditor in continuous monitoring by undertaking fact finds, analysis of MI or review of risk information under close supervision
- To effectively undertake testing as prescribed in the test plan
- Leveraging IA’s industry leading audit methodology and tools to comply with Global Methodology and use tools and resources appropriately
Skills you need
- Sound knowledge of infrastructure audits or security testing on platforms/OS (UNIX, Windows, Mainframe-iSeries/AS400), Database/DBMS (Oracle, SQL, Sybase, MySQL), network (switches, routers, firewall, IDS/IPS), middleware, messaging, batch scheduling/management technologies
- Strong knowledge of application auditing controls such as authentication, authorization, audit trails, role based access controls, application interfaces, data integrity, segregation of duties, and business logic/banking domain knownedge
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT General Control testing methodology/techniques
- Good understanding of Information Security components such as IAM (identity & access management), single-sign on, vulnerability assessment/penetration testing, DLP (data loss prevention) and disaster recovery
- Understanding of IT/Information Security standards, regulations and best practices including IIA, CoBIT, ISACA, NIST, PCI-DSS
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.