Business Unit Control Securitisation Senior Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Business Unit Control Securitisation Senior Analyst in London
- This is an opportunity to take on an important role with great development potential in our Business Unit Control (BUC) in Treasury
- You'll be delivering quality financial control reporting and analysis, working closely with onshore and offshore teams, as well as the wider Treasury division
- This is an opportunity to be involved with crucial ICB implementation work, within the securitisation space
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for effective execution and oversight of core finance controls, processes and reporting. This covers a broad range of activities from core daily controls through to month-end close, balance sheet substantiation and regular statutory disclosure reporting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the offshore India BUC team in delivering quality daily, weekly and monthly financial control information
- Managing, supporting and reviewing daily and monthly deliverables prepared by the offshore team
- Assuming responsibility for the analysis and delivery of monthly Profit & Loss to the Business Partnering team
- Managing and critically reviewing Balance Sheet Substantiation on a monthly basis
- Supporting the production and review of Structural Interest Rate Exposure reports for Balance Sheet Management team
- Working on continuous improvement initiatives to streamline existing procedures and strengthen our existing financial control framework
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with accountancy expertise and experience working in a banking or treasury environment. We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of, and experience with, financial products such as securitisation, loans, deposits, debt securities, FX and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) derivatives
- Ideally, experience of hedge accounting in a finance environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of finance control in financial services
- Good understanding of International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS), in particular IAS 39 and hedge accounting
- A keen eye for detail and advanced Excel skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.