Application Support Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in providing support for variousapplications, a position as Support Analyst is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring availability of applications as per agreed Service Level Expectations or requirements by monitoring applications, related jobs and resolving issues.
To qualify for this role, you need to have experience of 5-7 years and good knowledge of the Markets and Banking business and products traded.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the User/Batch (L1/L2) Support team at CPB - Commecrcial & Private Banking reporting to the Support Manager.
CPB is the investment banking arm of RBS Group. A leading banking partner to major corporations and financial institutions around the world, we help our clients raise funds, manage their risks and realize their investment strategies. Our organization offers a wide range of solutions. We provide debt and equity financing, risk management and investment services to banks, corporations, governments, insurance companies and asset managers.
As Support Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a timely and effective response to user queries by analysing, investigating and fixing them as required
- Performing ‘root cause' analysis of user issues, provide immediate workaround for critical problems Provide support during new releases into the production environment
- Implementing emergency changes with necessary assistance from developers and other IT teams
- Providing support during new releases into the production environment and actively maintaining support documentation
- Learn the application and the associated business functionality, building and maintaining the run books for key activities
Skills you need
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to back office)
- Good awareness of Information Security policies and Technology Risk Management from an enterprise / banking systems context
- Expertise in Unix, Scripting, Sybase and Autosys skills
- Tertiary/University degree level qualifications
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.