This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Compliance Manager to join us in Manchester or Edinburgh
- If you have a strong grounding in Operational Risk Management, and are passionate about driving a proactive risk culture, this could be the ideal role for you
- In this new role in Shared Services Operations (SSO), you'll be responsible for developing and implementing a global compliance framework across SSO
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for developing a global compliance framework which provides evidence to both Regulatory Affairs and Accountable Executives that all global accountabilities are being effectively discharged. You'll also deliver a risk based compliance plan which confirms that all policy changes across the global department have been adequately interpreted and effectively implemented.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Using your compliance expertise to confirm to both the Head of SSO and our regulators, that all SSO policy and regulatory changes have been effectively interpreted and implemented
- Creating and designing a global suite of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), which are used to proactively identify and escalate any emerging issues to the SSO Leadership team
- Providing an objective assessment over the closure of major and significant issues
- Implementing the compliance framework across all global teams and providing challenge and recommendations to the SSO Leadership Team
The skills you'll need
You'll have recent experience of creating and implementing a compliance based framework, coupled with a strong understanding of risk management practices and methodologies.
You'll also bring:
- Recent experience of oversight based roles
- An awareness of policies applicable to SSO
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, and experience of providing influence and challenge to senior stakeholders
- A personal commitment to success and great problem solving skills
- The willingness to embrace challenges no matter how complex
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.