This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Development Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- Thrive in a diverse role where you'll be hands-on involved in development and have Agile project management duties
- Play a key part in the Agile and DevOps transformation
- It's an opportunity to get involved in project management as a technical lead, and you'll develop your profile across the Risk Solutions department
- You'll be deputy to the Head of Toolkits
What you'll do
The Risk Solutions Toolkits team are responsible for nine staff facing Web Applications which are key parts of the Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Lending and Authentication processes, supporting tens of thousands of customer conversations every day. This small team in Edinburgh and Gurugram delivers business as usual (BAU) change at a rapid pace as well as work on strategic projects.
- Provide hands-on management in the development of Toolkits applications
- Provide technical leadership to developers in India and Edinburgh
- Contribute to a strategic project migrating the Toolkits Web Applications from their current SAS Platform to a standard 3-Tier
- Effectively manage BAU change
- Establish a successful technical base for enabling future BAU change and ensure future DevOps success
The skills you'll need
- Agile and Scrum
- Jira, Confluence, Git
- Test Automation
- Deployment Automation (+ Cloud)
- SQL DB (e.g. Oracle)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.