Solution Designer, Digital
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Solution Designer to join us in Bristol
- You'll be joining us in this exciting area of Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Technology in our innovative Bristol hub, where you'll network with likeminded and creative colleagues
- We'll look to you to provide a technical lead across the various Digital projects, with the responsibility for setting the technical direction and best practice across design, development, process and tooling
- You'll be able to really make your mark in this area, as you provide thought-leadership on new technology, tools and processes with our business in mind and achieving great reach across stakeholders
What you'll do
You'll work with the technical designers and lead developers in each of the Digital development projects, to ensure a consistent approach is taken to development processes and tooling. We'll look to you to review technical designs and code or output, to ensure quality and consistency, and to assure code integration across the various Digital projects.
In this role you'll also:
- Own and continuously improve a set of coding standards for each technical element of the Digital delivery, driving adoption of these standards in the teams
- Act as a champion for the bank’s Zambezi framework (our in-house framework of common components and tools) - keeping up to date with the channels enabler roadmap, ensuring the benefits are understood and realised and feeding back issues to the Development and Engineering Services team
- Help the teams in integrated developmental and build activities, supporting adoption of the RBS supported Development Toolset Service (DTS) tooling and other Continuous Integration tooling
- Steer and continue driving creation of reusable common utilities and services which can be used by all digital streams
- Assist the teams in the resolution of technical issues, and ensure learnings from one team are shared across the programme in order to minimise repetition of issues, and increase efficiency
- Run a best practice forum for the development practice and facilitate knowledge sharing across the teams, to include ownership of technical knowledge management and running relevant “lunch and learn” sessions
- Collaborate with and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders in the business and in Services (such as Design and Infrastructure) to ensure the platform supports the strategy and growth plans of the RBS businesses
The skills you'll need
You'll be a role model of an outstanding technologist, continuously striving to improve engineering and bringing new ideas to the table. You'll also be an expert on Digital technology who continuously seeks to develop his/her knowledge in line with the latest thinking.
We're looking for someone who can really drive a strategy, empowering and enabling change, with a collaborative approach. You'll be able to build trust, and develop high performing teams.
- Show previous wide exposure to a variety of different code management, build and deployment tools, such as JIRA, Stash, Git, Ant, DART, TeamCity, Artifactory, etc.
- Have experience of working in a highly collaborative environment using Confluence
- Be a communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Show demonstrable solutions design and technical architecture expertise on large, customer-facing projects
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.