Data Relationship Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Data Relationship Manager in Edinburgh
- This is an exciting opportunity to join our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Data & Infrastructure team, facing off against both the business analytical teams and bank-wide technology programmes
- The team's main aim is to provide data, access to data, its tools and infrastructure to the analytical community
- This role will allow you to influence the implementation of new data and technology within the bank, whilst working with the wider department to utilise it in delivering real benefits and value to the bank and our customers
What you'll do
Working with the wider Analytical Teams to enhance their Data and Technology estate, you'll ensure there is the capability and efficiency to allow them to better meet the needs of the Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) business. You'll ensure that all existing data and technologies are being used in a 'best practice' manner, and all standards are met while actively defining adoption and usage criteria for innovative new technology solutions. By managing the specific business areas of the Analytics teams, you'll be working jointly with them to identify, define, and manage the delivery of new requirements. You will also work to represent CPB’s interests on the definition and implementation of new technology streams.
In this role you'll:
- Initiate, define, deliver and close projects within agreed timescales to time, cost and quality
- Ensure deadlines are met at key milestones within established business processes
- Develop a deep understanding of the business in order to allow technology solutions to support the bank’s goal of making analysis integral to everyday decision-making and improve existing banking processes and customer experience
- Oversee or manage junior analysts (on a matrix basis)
- Take joint responsibility (along with Senior Analytics managers) for the technical development of junior team members
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll be able to identify and evaluate project risks, issues and will be able to implement effective mitigation strategies. With the strong ability to manage and prioritise multiple streams of work, you'll have good project management skills, and experience of delivering change at a fast pace. You'll also have the ability to interact successfully across the business with key stakeholders, and to definite and document stakeholder requirements.
The following technical skills are preferential but not mandatory:
- Experience and Knowledge of Teradata and other RDBMS
- Experience and Knowledge of SAS products and techniques including Enterprise Guide and Visual Analytics
- Experience and Knowledge of Data Architecture
- Experience of RBS Golden source data platforms is preferential but not compulsory - RMP, Back office, RMD and GRDM
- Experience in dealing with multiple data sources from internal or external databases
- Good knowledge of Commercial Banking business model, markets and products
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.