Support Engineer (Production Support)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in UNIX, SQL and Production support in the Calypso platform, a position as Support Engineer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out regular operational checks for all key systems to ensure that scheduled processes complete successfully and in a timely manner.
To qualify for this role, you need to have 4+ years of prior experience in providing technical support and a B.E/B.Tech degree in any engineering stream or an MCA qualification.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Calypso Collateral Management Production Support team at TMOSS reporting to the Support Lead.
The Calypso Collateral Management production Support team provides second line support across multiple applications within TMO area. The range of applications in this area is very varied in terms of both technology and function. Candidate would be required to provide first class application support to the business.
Calypso Collateral is used to generate and send margin call notices and payments to customers. It is used globally by users from APAC, EMEA and the US to monitor Collateral Agreements which have been set-up with various counter-parties.
As Support Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication
- Documenting all incidents and produce/contribute to the production of regular management reporting, resolving issues raised as alerts and follow the correct resolution procedures, escalating as required
- Providing out of hours support as well as take part in Disaster Recovery tests weekends.
- Creating initiative solutions to complex problems, documenting all solutions and sharing information across the TMO Tech Support team
- Ensuring all service level agreements are met for user requests, ensuring checks are undertaken on systems to confirm business availability
Skills you need
- Knowledge of relation Databases, SQL, UNIX, shell scripting
- Experience in supporting mission & time critical applications
- Good knowledge of various support processes
- Proven analysis skills and the ability to effectively liaise with other teams internally and externally
- Experience in any job scheduling tool like Autosys
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development is first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.