Lead Software Designer (Oracle, Informatica)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in analytics and design, a position as Lead Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for technical deliveries of the regulatory reporting platform (SDP Automation).
To qualify for this role, you need to have prior experience in investment banking and at least seven years of working on Oracle.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Finance Reporting Solution at Finance Solutions reporting to the Development Manager.
Finance Reporting Solution (FRS) tower within Finance Solutions India is responsible for deliveries of multi-year investment programs related to Regulatory and Statutory function. The SDP Automation team within FRS requires a strong hands-on Oracle Developer to join to support the ongoing Finance optimization project.
As Lead Software Designer, you will be required to:
- Lead the Technical Delivery of the project, work with business analyst and technical experts as required to deliver work to time and budget
- Defining innovative and effective solutions that meet the business requirements within architecture standards, write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases, handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc
- Working through a user story driven life cycle with regular customer/ analyst contact
Skills you need
- 7-9 years of experience.
- A qualification from an Engineering College, MCA (honours/ 1st class)
- Investment banking experience, large scale data warehousing experience, strong Analytical and diagnostic ability is essential
- Modular, cohesive and loosely coupled database design delivering scalable and elastic solutions,strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases, capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary, database test driven design
- Must: Oracle & ETC (Informatica) exoerience and Desirable: HTML5 & JAVA, experience with acceptance testing frameworks such as selenium, cucumber and robot framework, knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.