Deputy Head Financial Crime
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Deputy Head of Financial Control to join us at RBS International in Jersey
- This is a development opportunity to deputise for the Head of Financial Crime (FC) Offshore
- You'll support the transformation and strategy of RBSI FC team through the application of professional standards, and the implementation of new models, processes and procedures
- This is a chance to play an important role in helping us to deliver a top quartile FC function
What you'll do
You'll be deputising for Head of FC Offshore, supporting the transformation of business engagement and the delivery of professional standards throughout the function to help form a top quartile FC team. You'll be providing FC advice, oversight, challenge and support on all FC related matters by supporting and leading a team of SMEs, providing guidance to 1st Line of Defence make sure we are compliant with policy requirements.
Day to day in your role, you'll also be:
- Building, delivering and managing a robust, high performing FC team that advises and guides the business to set a Risk Appetite that accounts for regulatory requirements
- Building first class working relationships with stakeholders in RBSI to become a trusted advisor to the Business
- Effectively managing the performance of direct reporting lines, including objective setting, mentoring, staff development and training, oversight of FC papers and reports
- Monitoring and managing our adherence to the AML policy, systems and controls across the business
The skills you'll need
You'll be able to draw on your experience in the financial services or law enforcement, ideally having worked in a Head Office, at Regional level FC or in a Fraud function within a UK or EU Bank or law enforcement agency. You'll pair this with line management in a similar arena, along with experience of policy writing, advice and assurance, and an understanding of the regulatory environment, divisional frameworks and methodologies.
We're also looking for:
- A flexible and adaptable approach to responsibilities, priorities and working practices
- Previous management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to be registered as ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to work’ residential status to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC), which are designed to protect our customers. This role is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.