RBS Services (Switzerland) Ltd is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and headquartered in Zurich. Its purpose is to manage the Swiss based technology platform and back-office operations supporting the private banking business of Coutts. Coutts forms part the Commercial and Private Banking division of Royal Bank of Scotland Group and is widely recognised as one of the leading private banks and wealth managers in the UK, connected to nearly 70,000 private clients.
You will be responsible for integrating banking related applications in a primarily Microsoft based enterprise environment from the design to the implementation
- Engineering and integration of server and client infrastructure based on Microsoft Systems.
- Integration and operation of IIS and Tomcat based Web Applications.
- Execution of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- Resolving production incidents for systems under your remit.
- Defining remediation solutions for identified problems.
- Writing design and operational documents (in English).
- Driving operational efficiency of systems under your remit through process or technical improvement.
- Good knowledge of multi-forest Microsoft environments.
- Good knowledge of automation and customization of server builds.
- Quick grasp to understand the complexity to understand our system landscape
- An “all-rounder” with a willingness for flexibility to learn and adapt
- Ability to update existing scripts and create new ones.
- Able to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner and keep confidentiality.
- Good knowledge of security hardening of servers and environments (RBAC within AD, policies/settings and best practices)
- Able to provide 3rd level support, with occasional weekend on-call duties.
- Self starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 4+ years of Windows systems engineering experience that includes installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and performance tuning Windows server operating systems ( 2008 R2, 2012 R2) and Windows client operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10).
- Experience in integrating applications within a zoned firewall environment, with PKI and centralized SQL clusters (2012, 2014, 2016), including AlwaysOn.
- Working in environments with structured Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Familiarity with web architectures including: web application servers, encryption, n-tier development/deployment strategies, databases, security mechanisms, trusted directories, etc.
- Experience with automation through scripting, especially Powershell and T-SQL.
- ITIL certification
- Industry-related certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MCDBA, etc.)