Software Engineer - Mainframe
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in development, testing and maintenance of Mainframe applications, a position as Software Designer – Mainframe is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for producing well structured, high quality Design and maintainable code.
To qualify for this role, you need to have worked with Mainframe projects of medium to large size, with overall of at least three years of experience.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Security and Resilience at Functions and Services reporting to the Project Manager.
As Software Designer - Mainframe, you will be required to:
- Design, develop and test software components using Mainframe technologies, come up with Application and component level design from high level technical design, create Unit test cases, test data; execute unit test cases and document results
- Support System Testing in terms of bug fixing, assist Technical Lead with technical details / decisions, promote, maintain correct versions of code through Endevor
- Review programs written by peers and Software Engineers, analyze programs as part of impact analysis for any business change requests
- Assist in create change records, review change records and support in implementation processes; work on complete life cycle - analyse, design, implement, deploy and handover to support
- Regularly interact with and build sustainable relationship with Fraud Detection Testing teams, Application Management teams, Develop working knowledge in Fraud Detection test bed testing to support System testing
Skills you need
- Good academic record with professional degree from college / university is essential, certification in Solution Design and Architecture, Technical Certifications in relevant skills/technologies desired
- Competence in COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, Endevor or Changeman, REXX; knowledge of MQ, Web Services, Banking concepts desirable
- Should have developed and implemented at least two medium to large mainframe projects from end to end, should be able to take technical decisions in the project for estimation, technologies, performance benchmarks, scheduling tools etc
- Evidence of mentoring/support of junior developers, should be able to produce high quality documentation on various sub-systems with in the application
- To produce accurate estimates for development of software by understanding the technical specification and providing development efforts
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.