Analyst - AntiVirus
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in antivirus support and associated product knowledge, a position as Analyst – Antivirus Support is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for providing proactive support related work managing the integrity and compliance of the antivirus products on all GIS supported platforms.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least three years of experience in installation and troubleshooting of McAfee antivirus in enterprise environment and desktops.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the IS-TS reporting to the WT manager.
As Analyst, you will be required to:
- Conduct proactive monitoring of the AV estate using the Symantec Antivirus reporting server consoles, remediation of failed clients, reinstall/repair and upgrade of antivirus products on affected desktops and laptops, production of MI reports on estate compliancy; cover the existing RBS estate using the Mcafee EPO console; troubleshoot any virus infections, threats and alerts
- Manage a diverse and complex work stack to provide an effective and efficient capability to deliver the above, Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to derive solutions within a specified time frame, Liaise with other teams and team members to promote a logical approach to efficient problem resolution
- Operating at BAU and project level to ensure the all the systems in the estate is under compliance, Assist other workload including incidents/recoveries as and when required
- Carry out health checks against the estate and proactively respond to any virus, threats, alerts accordingly
Skills you need
- Good knowledge of McAfee and ePo administration, troubleshooting virus, threats and alerts on server and workstations, implementing of best practices
- Experienced in ePo migration; Microsoft desktop Operating Systems, Office, browsers, registry and its settings; Symantec AntiVirus troubleshooting and administration
- Understanding of client installation and troubleshooting on workstation and servers, AV dat’s and patches installation and troubleshooting; Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills; AV administration and troubleshooting in windows 2012, win7 and win10
- Basic network knowledge like LAN/WAN, firewall
- Ability to communicate well in technical and non-technical environments; willingness to help other colleagues and use knowledge acquired to improve team processes
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.