Senior Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Senior Project Manager at RBS International in the Isle of Man
- We're looking for a strong communicator with some experience in project and change management to join our Transformation Delivery Team and efficiently deliver both large and small scale projects in support of the bank's strategy
- You'll be bringing your skills and expertise into an environment where you'll have a genuine and clear impact on the future of the bank
- You'll have the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and interesting projects, providing initiation, definition, delivery and closure of projects within a set programme portfolio
What you'll do
As a Senior Project Manager, you'll be responsible for planning and managing the end-to-end delivery of projects and work-streams to enhance customer capabilities; defining, sourcing and delivering programmes of change.
You'll manage the full lifecycle of individual projects and/or components of larger, complex projects and liaise with a range of junior and senior stakeholders across different businesses and functions, and scope, plan and manage the projects/work-streams through the entire life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality and including responsibility for benefit delivery. Depending on volumes, there will also be line management responsibilities.
- Perform and/or supervise the acquisition and analysis of data to identify business problems and opportunities
- Identify and evaluate project risks and issues, making recommendations on effective mitigation strategies and implementing as directed
- Be responsible for delivery through an internal team and any third party supplier
The skills you'll need
You'll have a great working knowledge of project methodologies including the proficient use of analytical tools and structured analysis techniques, and have familiarity with process modelling, workshop facilitation and business analysis. You'll also have comprehensive functional knowledge of services and related technology. Importantly, you'll have Change Management experience from a business perspective.
A Project Management certification may prove to be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Have the proven ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workloads and work on own initiative
- Be competent using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Possess the ability to think creatively when resolving problems and/or identify alternatives where established procedures may not exist
What else you need to know
Due to local legislation, you’ll need to possess the right to both live and work on the Isle of Man to undertake this role.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.