This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a KSOR Manager, and be responsible of managing of RBS Core ledger
What the Business does
This role is required to provide central leadership to Finance Accounting Technology RGL Platform team to Deliver KSOR function globally. This role will require a close interaction with Global teams and change and business stakeholders.
The role will be leading a large 20 Perm, Contractor and Managed Service Resources in various locations in India and UK. This team will be responsible to deliver all the KSOR deliveries of the cost of 600K GBP.
Ledger Transformation team will build the ledger platform by fully populating the ledger and associated Trade/Contract store with a complete data set when it will replace Walker as the books and record of the bank. This moves the organisation towards the target of implementing a single Group-wide control ledger data store with the associated operating model alterations
As a KSOR manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand Ledger capability (Platform, Skills, Domain Expertise, etc.), focusing on current and future requirements, and lead in addressing capability gaps.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of RGL KSOR and control throughout Finance Technology and where applicable practice that supports the technology capability strategy
- Accountable for the development, delivery and on-going maintenance of technical capability across the KSOR technology practice capability development across Technology India.
- Accountable for delivering as per suited delivery methodology by using Agile and DevOps
- Work with key partners such as Finance Change, Finance, GFS and SALCOE as required to ensure KSOR platform changes and provide key technology inputs and responses to various initiatives
- Accountable for running prioritisation meeting of business work stack with clear outcome stating priority work stack for delivery.
- Build the capability plan for the global KSOR Programme delivery team, providing a basis for input to the budgeting and delivery prioritization process.
- Own the strategic road map, delivering to the business & technology change drivers.
- Define and shape the vision for the KSOR and investment program and driving synergies across other suite of products/platforms and alignment to Finance technology vision.
- Ensure appropriate Governance and control is in place including the aspects of LTO compliance, Capacity management, Monitoring, Disaster recovery, Project risk and business continuity provisions.
- Reinforce continuous process improvements & focus on adoptions of recommended Tools, Technology and sharing Best Practices to drive synergies across suite of products.
- Manages internal and external audits.
- Manage within the allocated KSOR budgets consisting of a range of cost elements (including, where appropriate, headcount, license, maintenance and consultancy cost amongst others.
- Participate actively in budget discussions with the senior managers to ensure that the annual project budget is in place to support the “Run the Bank” element of their product
- Define and execute against cost efficiency initiatives and reduction of technical debt with their products.
- Deliver active risk analysis and mitigation plans in this scope.
- Define and execute against cost efficiency initiatives and reduction of technical debt with their products
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- 12+ years of IT experience with minimum 4+ years of hands on Experience in leading / managing Large Programmes using technologies like Oracle Financials,Oracle, Unix, OFSAA and OBIEE.
Must have successfully managed 2-3 large size/complexity programmes
Must have managed product managers.
Banking domain knowledge
Strong Oracle Financials
Well versed with Data Warehouse / ETL concepts and best practices, and testing techniques
Experience of working in large and geographically distributed teams
Experienced in managing resources spread across multiple locations in India and UK
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Strong team player; able to manage large teams,; self-directed, organized, capable of multi-tasking, and willing to shift priorities to meet business needs
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.