Customer Service Apprenticeship - Edinburgh
This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Customer Service Apprenticeship, join us in Edinburgh
- Working in our Royal Bank of Scotland branch as one of our Personal Bankers, you’ll be the first point of contact for customers
- We’ll support you as an apprentice over 18 months, after which there’s a permanent role for you
- You’ll earn a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services and a Professional Banker Certificate
What you'll do
Customers will be at the very heart of your role, and you’ll be proactively identifying ways in which we can enhance their individual banking experiences by:
- Having great conversations with them to build relationships and help them with their banking needs
- Helping them understand the range of services and products we can offer
- Responding to their changing needs, and using your own expertise to recommend and promote the benefits of the different ways they can bank with us
As an Apprentice, you’ll gain fantastic insight and experience in this role, you’ll also be opening new career opportunities as we’ll support you to achieve your Level 3 in Providing Financial Services and a Professional Bankers Certificate.
The skills you'll need
Having real passion for customer service, and the drive and determination to continuously learn and improve standards for our customers will be paired with your:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- The commitment to learn and develop new skills
You’ll also need strong communication skills as you’ll be:
- Explaining our products in a way that is meaningful to our customers
- Highlighting and tailoring the benefits to their individual needs
What else you'll need to know
You’ll be contracted to work between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Sunday. While typically you’ll be working during the branches opening hours, you’ll also be flexible so that you can best serve our customers.
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are over the age of 16. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of between £18,247 and £24,330 pa. (pro rata for hours worked), your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work Bank Holidays.
At Royal Bank of Scotland, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more - here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.