Associate Vice President
This job posting is no longer active
If you are a Functional expert on fixed income product who can supervise a team providing daily support and driving control efficiencies, a position as Associate Vice Presidentis ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for adherence to global standards and procedures – Post trade activities, by interacting continuously with the global product heads and desks.To qualify for this role, you need to have minimum nine years experience in general Investment banking environment with focus on Settlements Ops.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Transaction Management Operations reporting to theVice President.The Transaction Management Operations is a dedicated function established within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) Services to manage the transaction integrity in terms of efficiency and control. Settlement of securities is a business process whereby securities are bought or sold, usually against (in simultaneous exchange for) payment of money, to fulfill contractual obligations, such as those arising under securities trades. This settlement marks the official transfer of the securities to the buyer's account and the cash to the seller's account. This activity is performed in various markets and for most the settlement cycle is T+2.
As Associate Vice President, you will be required to:
- Adhere to local standards and procedures, by liaising closely with compliance, operations risk and following local regulatory constraints, especially in the branches, review periodically (daily/weekly/monthly) exception reports thus ensuring that problems are identified and escalated as quickly as possible
- Liaise closely with the global team, Front Office & middle office to mitigate risk and improve client & business relationships, be conversant in Asset Services market/regulatory developments and targets to deliver appropriate RBS support model
- Look at the root cause of breaks/ issues, fails and drive through new initiatives to prevent re-occurrence, ensure that all appropriate procedures are developed, documented and consistently communicated and applied
- Minimize risk by investigating and reporting the break/event within the threshold time limit to the correct responsibility and chasing aged breaks on time, ensure that Service Level Agreement (SLA) obligations, KPI/KRI’s are met
- Propose measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation. Making recommendations for improvement in processes, take a proactive view toward system change looking to highlight issues and suggest ways to solve existing problems
Skills you need
- A good knowledge of how an Operations area in the investment banking field works in a global environment, an understanding of the risks to be managed within Securities Services Operations in the investment banking environment
- Broad experience of international banking environments and markets. Proven track record of delivering results, excellent communicator at all levels with good presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to create a culture that will facilitate productivity and ensure quality/ change management, experience in project management and process re-engineering
- Proven ability to operate in a dynamic and fast paced environment of growth and change, strong Knowledge of the mechanics of all relevant products and market terminology.
- Credibility with senior business stakeholders, strong control mindset, able to adapt to a rapidly changing working environment, able to offer flexibility, whilst ensuring governance with local practice
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.