Team Lead - Testing
This job posting is no longer active
Job Location: Gurgaon
If your expertise lies in functional testing and ensuring the quality of the deliverables, maintaining the records of quality assurance, then a role as Team Lead - Testing is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for creating testing artifacts like Testing Plans, scheduling, conducting Test Readiness Reviews and reviewing test deliverables prepared by test analysts, close co-ordination with Test manager & other platform stakeholders.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least six years of experience in Functional Testing
What the Business Does
This role is based in Mortgages at Personal & Business Banking (PBB) reporting to the Test Manager.
Mortgage is, secured loans to personal customers to purchase residential property and where a "mortgage" over the property is taken as security for the loan. In RBS, Mortgages product generates ~40% of the Bank’s profit and over 50% of P&BB’s profits. The RBS group in the UK and Ireland comprises various legal entities each of which has historically offered mortgages. Each of the various entities operated their own mortgage lending platforms.
As Team Lead – Testing, you will be required to:
- Produce detailed test plan that aligns to banks processes, support Test manager during Strategy Preparation, conduct Test Risk Assessment workshops and produce TRA, review functional test scenarios, test conditions and test cases for all levels within the scope of testing
- Conduct test readiness review meetings, review test execution track and monitor defects to closure
- Establish the defect management process including improvements - escalation, managing 3rd parties, decisions required re: implementation despite defects. Ensures that the defect process is being adhered to
- Prepare closure report, archive project information document and share lessons learned by updating Mortgages Knowledge Transition documents as a part of engagement closures
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables and maintain the records of quality assurance, prepare daily and weekly reports during execution phase, support Test Manager for Risk management and prepare risk analysis and action plan to mitigate the risks
Skills you need
- Good Experience in Test Planning and monitoring execution progress
- Experience with testing UIs, API , Database Testing
- Banking domain and prior Mortgages testing experience preferred
- ISTQB certified testers preferred
- Skilled in Technical Analysis and Change, Design and Methodology
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.