This job posting is no longer active
The role is for NatWest Markets Technology team in India. We need technically sound, problem solving java technical leaders who are keen to work and have a passion for development within the financial industry.
If your expertise lies in design and development on a Java platform, this position is ideal for you. In this role, you will work in various Services the NatWest Markets.
To qualify for this role, you need to be an engineering graduate with 4 – 10 years of experience in Core Java design and development.
What the Business Does
NatWest Markets as a business provides financing and risk management to our core corporate and global financial institutional customers and trades with financial institutions, investors and counterparties for distribution and market making. NatWest Markets Technology develops IT solutions and critical support services to continually improve the Bank's competitive edge, profitability and client focus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the complete functionality from design and development to testing and maintenance
- Deriving concrete technical specifications from abstract business requirements and then producing application design to meet all the expectations.
- Application development and providing L3 support for global implementation regions.
- Low-latency (sub millis) clear and concise development practices are expected – including working on ultra-low latency messaging middleware and lock free design development.
- Analysis of problems/requirements – taking short briefs from traders/project managers and converting these in to an understandable set of requirements for development by the team. Communications with the business users, analysts and developers across multiple locations
Skills you need
- To be successful in this role, you must have the following skills:
- Java Multithreading, Java Concurrency and Garbage Collections Concepts for Real-Time handling – building systems with high throughput and low latency
- Profiling and Instrumentation tools for Troubleshooting/Debugging – Experience on how to build a run level application with proper profiling and instrumentation. Also how to tune parameters for performance.
- Exposure to SOA/ Micro services and messaging middleware or modern day messaging protocols
- High Proficiency in Core Java – Exception Handling, Collections etc.
- Knowledge of Java Design patterns with ability to build a technical solution given a business scenario
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.