Software Engineer - Java/J2EE
This job posting is no longer active
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
If you have excellent understanding of Technology Platforms (Core Java/J2EE , Web Sphere, Pl/ SQL) along with sound knowledge of database query and optimization, a position as Software Engineer is ideal for you. In this role, you will work as a Java developer, responsible for perform Analysis, Design and Development of business requirements and converting those to a tangible technology deliverable.
To qualify for this role, you need to be a Java professional with proven experience of delivering solutions using industry standard tool-sets and must have mandatory Agile SCRUM experience in the role of Agile Development.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Function and Services reporting to the Team Lead
As Software Engineer, you will be required to:
- Analyse the requirements and create low level design document, collaborate and partner with Business Analyst and Project Manager to understand business requirements
- Develop; debug, code and unit test the requirement according to architecture principles, review the unit test plans and results, resolve the technical problems of varying degree of complexity.
- Ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability, adopt work culture in Agile development using Scrum methodology, participate and strive towards continuous improvement
- Problem solving with ownership and accountability of fixing issues, contribute to the project by preparing and getting agreement on Design and architecture of the task or project.
Skills you need
- Strong experience in Core Java/J2EE, J2EE application servers WebSphere /Jboss / Weblogic – experience with WebSphere is preferred
- Good experience in JDBC, SQL, knowledge of Build tools – Ant/ Maven
- Exposure to SOAP based web services, REST based Web services and messaging solutions
- Knowledge of JSP, Web Frameworks like JSTL, Java Scripting and CSS
- Sound knowledge of database design, normalisation
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.