Support Professional (Murex)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in providing critical support for the MUREX application platform, a position as Technical Support Analyst is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for proactively managing system services in accordance with agreed Service Levels and ensuring all applications are compliant with the internal (ITIL based) Clockwork governance model.
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong knowledge of MUREX application platform including level 2 and level 3 support of its FX/MM/IRD assets modules, experience with UNIX/Linux platform and Oracle database stack and a sensible customer service approach.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Treasury Solutions team at Treasury Technology reporting to the Lead/ Manager
The Treasury Solutions team is a Finance Solutions team supporting RBS Treasury operations. The treasury operation is a critical function of the bank, and a number of applications TS supports are highly critical and highly confidential. The TS team was established in 2009 as a function within the investment banking technology division, and has grown through expansion and organization restructuring to the team it is today. TS currently provides development and application support for a number of key applications for treasury, and is expected to expand further in coming years.
As Technical Support Analyst (Murex), you will be required to:
- Provide hands-on 1st and 2nd level technical support to developers and business users - using local support/request ticketing systems
- Perform regular scheduled activities (data loads, refreshes, maintenance), manage interactions with core infrastructure teams – DBAs, Windows Platform, Security, Messaging
- Design, develop and automate application batch processing, develop operational and support documentation
- Participate in out of hour’s activities as necessary, including planning and supporting central events (power downs, DR tests, patching events)
- Execute changes in accordance with the teams Source Code Control and Release Management procedures
Skills you need
- Minimum four years of experience in Murex platform support, overall seven years in an Investment banking BFSI domain
- Treasury experience (Secure Funding, Asset Liability Management, Liquidity and Capital Planning) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of MxML especially around tracing entries, managing error queues and understanding of the OSP queues, strong understanding of batches and reporting support, Murex services and able to stop / start services
- Understanding of Market Data, Reference Data, Trade life cycle, confirmation, settlement, payment workflows and investment products MM, FOREX, Derivatives, IRD
- Strong communication and Documentation skills - Word, Excel, Visio and technical skills in UNIX, MS SQL Server, Oracle /Sybase
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.