Senior Test Designer
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in understanding business requirements, preparing test plans, test scripts and executing test conditions, a position as Senior Test Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for testing of defined work packages in accordance with stakeholder requirements and within agreed timelines. You will also maintain a record of test results including failures and take appropriate actions to escalate for resolution.
To qualify for this role, you need to have prior test strategy writing experience in a financial services background (specific experience in finance, risk or treasury). Testing certifications like ISTQB is preferred.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Group Treasury Technology (GTT) at Finance Technology reporting to the Test Lead/Test Manager.
The Group Treasury Technology (GTT) team is carrying out a transformational technology investment program for Group Treasury. The systems range from Front Office Liquidity Portfolio Management, Term Debt Issuance and Secularization platforms through to Back office analytical tools, regulatory reporting and a Treasury data warehouse. A large part of our work involves consolidating large data sets from multiple disparate systems and then transforming that data into a business usable format to meet both internal and regulatory reporting deadlines. Our technologies of choice are MS SQL Server, the Microsoft BI tool-set and C#.
As Senior Test Designer, you will be required to:
- Support the test manager by contributing to the test plans, suggest test methodologies, test readiness reviews, test progress reporting, the test completion/summary reports and test defect reports
- Prepare test conditions, test scripts, expected results, test coverage analysis and define risk based analysis for a given testing effort
- Work closely with business analysis team when preparing test scripts and conditions, work closely with Technology partners to secure access to test environment and data and technical support
- Execute test conditions and maintain a record of test outputs including list of defects and actions for resolution, play a lead role in the analysis and reporting of test results, working closely with business, technology and support areas to investigate and interpret test findings
- Participate in the review of ToRs for given work packages, peer reviews of test approaches and phase test plans, test conditions and test scripts as well as contributing to the on-going improvements
Skills you need
- Experience in writing a test plan, experience in writing detailed, structured test scripts using best practice design principles
- Experience in providing experience estimations for a set of modules/project and suggesting resource plan
- Exposure to test management and automation tools, such as Test Director, Business Objects and Quick Test Pro, basic SQL programming skills
- Experience of manual and database testing throughout full development life-cycle
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel and Access
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.