This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in SAS operating programming concepts and principles along with advanced practical knowledge of SAS programming language, a position as SAS Developer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of medium complex components of SAS VA.
To qualify for this role, you need to have at least three years prior experience in an operational environment.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Treasury - Finance Solutions division reporting to the Lead/ Manager.
The Treasury Solution team is carrying out a transformational technology investment programme for Group Treasury. The systems range from Front Office Liquidity Portfolio Management, Term Debt Issuance and Securitisation platforms through to Back office analytical tools, regulatory reporting and a Treasury data warehouse. A large part of our work involves consolidating large data sets from multiple disparate systems and then transforming that data into a business usable format to meet both internal and regulatory reporting deadlines.
As SAS Developer, you will be required to:
- Deliver defect free code within project time-frames
- Implement code using basic OO principles like inheritance
- Create and run Unit Test cases, code management (SVN/Clear case tools)
- Deduce the root cause of a production problem that has been raised to dev teams
- Support testing cycles SIT/UAT, prepare Project documentation (Low level design, SharePoint/wiki updates)
Skills you need
- 4 to 6 years' experience
- Base SAS Certification and advanced SAS certification will be big plus, advanced knowledge of optimizing SAS process
- Must be knowledgeable of SAS best practices (enterprise guide, stored processes, information maps, and web reports studio)
- Good experience in working with Base SAS(DATA STEP), SAS/MACRO, Proc SQL Experience in designing SAS VA reports using VA Data builder, VA Explorer, VA Designer, VA Viewer and creating custom reports in SAS VA is must
- Strong UNIX and SQL experience, advanced knowledge of tools for SAS(SAS WRS, SAS Cubes Studio, SAS Information map) and excel VBA
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.