This job posting is no longer active
Job Location: Chennai
If your expertise lies in including the various testing activities like smoke/sanity, static / systems testing, systems integration / user acceptance testing, non functional and release testing, a position as Test Analyst is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles.
To qualify for this role, you need to have minimum four years of testing experience and must have worked on Quality Center for defect management.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Credit Cards Platform at CAO – Personal & Business Banking division reporting to the Test Lead.
The Credit Cards Platform involves a set of systems related to application and providing information regarding Credit Card accounts of RBSG customers. The applications include a mix of 3rd party and in-house hosted or developed or supported systems and applications. The future direction is to make the Credit cards system architecture more resilient and agile. There is increased focus on service oriented architecture and usage of technologies such as WebServices, MQ series. Any change to Credit cards platform demands a thorough impact assessment, providing necessary solution options, providing accurate estimation, guiding for the test strategy and implementation strategy. Any miss will directly impact Customer and can cause huge reputational damage for the bank.
As Test Analyst, you will be required to:
- Analyze the functional test requirements, design functional test plan and test scripts/test scenarios, and test execution within the agreed time-frames against agreed specifications
- Prepare Test Plan for small and simple changes and provide input to Test Lead/Test Manager to prepare Test Strategy/Test Plan for large and complex program in Credit Card Platform
- Highlight risks and issues in a timely fashion, test Preparation Activities, design and develop the Test Scenarios and maintain the test scripts in QC along with requirement traceability
- Prepare the Test Data requirements, Test Data approach and Mine the required data for test execution, provide the requirement for the Environment to test to Environment management team
- Extend the required access for the testing, execute the Test cases from QC and create Test Evidences
Skills you need
- Proven ability to design test scenarios and scripts, well-versed with the different testing methodologies/ techniques/phases and is capable of using the same as per the need of the project
- Well-versed with SDLC phases and models, thorough knowledge of the principles of functional and non functional testing and a track record of innovation in testing
- Hands on testing experience within a whole range of functional system testing, system integration testing, Acceptance testing, both manual and automated testing
- Experience in working with Quality Center, database testing, and well versed with SQL
- Experience testing with Client Server architecture based and web based applications, good knowledge of UNIX commands and Putty tool
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.