Test Environment Engineer - Testing
This job posting is no longer active
Job Location: Chennai
If your expertise lies in Environment management and Application Testing, a position as Test Environment Engineer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a central repository of test-environments in scope with their latest version and connectivity details.
To qualify for this role, you need to have around five years of total experience with minimum four years experience in Environment management.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the PBB division reporting to the Test Lead.
As Test Environment Engineer, you will be required to:
- Allocate of test environments to teams as per requirement, create new test environments as per requirement
- Delete / update outdated test-environments and its details, continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Perform preliminary investigation of issues on the environment and sometimes co-ordination till an issue resolution
- Analyze data for environment issues, identifying trends and taking pro-active steps to resolve issues / co-coordinating for a long term fix
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
Skills you need
- Any bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Comfortable in Agile development environments and cross-functional team structures
- Skilled in environment monitoring
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.