Service Specialist - SAS
This job posting is no longer active
Join us in Edinburgh as a Service Specialist - SAS
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the technical growth of our technology business
- You'll be providing production support for our operational analytics platforms
- You'll be the main point of contact for any production related issues
What you'll do
You'll be involved in a variety of SAS platform administration duties to support our cross-divisional production platforms, from call and incident handling, to SAS upgrades, patching, disaster recovery exercises and maintenance.
Working as part of an on-call support rota, you'll be making sure the team is delivering the best possible service to our customers by:
- Troubleshooting any SAS infrastructure issues around configuration, performance and stability
- Performing root cause analysis, remediating any issues appropriately to provide an optimum performance
- Implementing changes that improve the maintenance of the SAS environments, looking at build upgrades, capacity planning, the testing of third party software prior to release, as well as the production environment itself
You'll also be assisting the Application Support team with day to day issues and working with the Data and Analytics teams to make sure there is a consistent approach.
The skills you'll need
You'll be able to draw on your deep understanding of the SAS Platform, including SAS Grid skills, SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Enterprise Miner, and pair it with your ability to influence other technicians to achieve the best solution. You'll be able to automate repetitive tasks to remove workload from the team, and will have experience of managing large consolidated shared infrastructure environments. While it isn't essential, experience in the installation, configuration, migration and support of SAS 9.2 onwards, with 9.3 to 9.4 and 9.2 to 9.4, would be beneficial.
For this role you'll need experience in:
- Command line and GUI interfaces to SAS products
- SAS Certified Platform Admin
- Shell Scripting
- Audit Experience & Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Unix administration experience
Using your background in a large scale bank environment, you'll also be able to:
- Understand high availability technologies - such as Enterprise GRID Orchestrator, and disaster recovery technologies - such as Symmetric remote data facility
- Support production systems and project delivery in a high pressure business atmosphere
- Communicate technical issues effectively and concisely to all levels within the organisation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing date: 26/05/2017
Salary - Competitive
Location - Edinburgh