Join us as a Product Control Analyst in Warsaw
- This is an opportunity to take on a role with great learning and development potential in NatWest Markets
- You'll provide statutory reporting on balance sheet positions and finance information for specific businesses and entities within Natwest Markets
- You'll be working with teams in Poland, London and India, and using your expertise to support the execution of our liquidity and funding strategy
What you'll do
You'll be providing and supporting standard reporting activity within Natwest Markets, related to statutory Balance Sheet reporting and control functions. As well as this you'll also support finance change projects, and be involved in simplification and standardisation initiatives.
The scope of reporting work you'll be engaged in will allow you to build your accounting knowledge of comprehensive investment products and statutory reporting requirements related to them. In the course of your work you'll:
- Perform monthly and quarterly reporting of Markets Balance Sheet in the form of data packs for respective businesses, including reconciliation, analytical review and movement drivers analysis of Balance Sheet positions
- Ensure an effective and robust control environment is in operation around statutory reporting, and SOXs requirements are fulfilled
- Build an understanding of ledger and static data reporting issues and their impact on balance sheet reporting Participation in implementation of the new Balance Sheet statutory disclosure requirements and reporting process optimisation
- Collaborate with other colleagues and teams in finance, including our Product Control and Statutory Reporting team
The skills you'll need
For this role you'll need:
- A degree in Finance or Accounting Quantitative Methods, or something comparable, and an understanding of financial markets (products, valuation & risk across various asset classes)
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Advanced Excel skills and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Some familiarity with MS Access and VBA
- Basic skills in SQL
- Experience with working on multiple, large volume data sources or databases
- ACCA, CIMA student or other equivalent certification
How we’ll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package. Your package includes the chance to join our RBS benefits scheme and to choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we will work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
If we do offer you a job, we’ll discuss with you how we can help set you up for success – by making adjustments to your working environment if required.