Director, Specialist Credit Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Director, Specialist Credit Manager for Adam & Company in London
- You'll be responsible for structuring and delivering new credit facilities for both new and existing clients
- It's an opportunity to maintain and build a network of contacts
- Help us grow our business by sharing your credit risk expertise and knowledge with your colleagues to drive their development
What you'll do
You'll work proactively with a team of private bankers to identify and generate quality and sustainable credit sales to new and existing clients. You'll coach and mentor private bankers and mortgage specialists to support their development in credit risk, while being recognised throughout the organisation as a role model for credit. You'll also take part in credit product, policy and process development and enhancement initiatives.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Supporting and deputising for the Director of Credit with their overall responsibility for the Adam credit portfolio
- Working with private bankers and mortgage specialists to generate lending opportunities
- Working with clients and colleagues to make sure the lending business we write is within our policies and risk appetite, and evidences good governance and integrity
- Demonstrating a good understanding of market, industry and competitor activity to anticipate and satisfy client needs
- Strong lifecycle management through areas such as credit stewardship and Business Approver responsibilities
- Interaction with private bankers and mortgage specialists located in London and our offices in Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh
The skills you'll need
As well as previous lending experience and technical knowledge, you'll have a strong combination of analytical skills and judgement.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Previous Private Banker or sales relationship management experience
- Knowledge and experience of both retail (mortgages) and wholesale (commercial) policy lending
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- The ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships with both the client facing teams and Credit Risk
- CeMAP/MAPC qualification, and the London Institute of Banking & Finance’s Chartered Associate/Professional Diploma qualification (or equivalent - such as the Chartered Banker)
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.