This job posting is no longer active
If you’re looking for a Technology Apprenticeship, join us in Edinburgh
- Starting with us on the 30th October 2017, joining our cutting-edge Technology function, you’ll be taking the first step into a long and fulfilling career
- Along with valuable exposure to a wide array of technologies, you’ll be perfectly positioned to develop your IT skills, gain qualifications, and build your professional profile
- You’ll be part of our growing community of apprentices, benefitting from a supportive and collaborative working environment
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £20,250
What you'll do
Our apprenticeships cover a wide range of areas including IT systems and Networking, Software and Web Development.
- After a structured induction, you’ll undertake focused training and carefully planned learning activities
- You’ll work towards a Diploma in ICT and Telecommunications SVQ Level 6 in your first year, and Level 8 in your second
- You’ll work towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in IT Software Web and Telecoms Professional in your first year, and a Higher Apprenticeship in your second
- You’ll work with various teams, systems and applications and the work you do will drive significant technology change
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for highly organised people with the drive and enthusiasm to continually develop their skills and knowledge. You’ll have an analytical mind set and be proficient with problem solving.
You’ll also need:
- A keen interest in technology
- Excellent communication skills
- A great eye for detail
- A passion for driving customer-focused change
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night. Your hours of work are likely to be between 9am and 5pm but we’ll discuss in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Be supported throughout the 2 year apprenticeship, after which we’ll offer you a permanent role
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who is 16 or over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £20,250, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.