Technology Controls Manager
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Technology Controls Manager to join us in central Edinburgh
- As a central member of this professional team, you’ll play a major part in the future success of our Technology Controls function
- You'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact from the outset on the function’s overall delivery
- Your risk and project management expertise will support the delivery of reliable technology which serves our customers well
- We have a full and challenging work plan which will provide you with professional stretch and development
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for the effective operation of the Technology risk framework within your scope of responsibility. You'll act as a leader in risk management advocacy, and will champion Technology Controls' culture of proactive and pre-emptive risk management and continuous improvement.
You'll also be:
- Delivering technology risk objectives
- Independently assessing risk impacts and controls
- Responsible for the development and delivery of programmes of work to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, RBS policy and industry expectations
- Facilitating the timely resolution of audit and control issues
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need strong experience in risk management and project management methodologies, along with a good understanding of the application of regulatory and operational risks in a technology environment. An understanding of operational risk and controls theories and practical implementation approaches, in a financial services environment, would also be desirable.
You'll need to have:
- Experience of control and process design methods
- The ability to undertake independent assurance of the adequacy and effectiveness of risks, controls and processes from a compliance viewpoint
- The ability to balance risk and controls to ensure alignment to risk appetite
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Great communication skills, whereby you can articulate complex issues to a varied audience
- The ability to proactively deliver numerous programmes of work simultaneously
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.