Technology Controls Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Technology Controls Manager in Edinburgh
- Joining as established, respected and successful team within our Technology Controls function, you'll have the opportunity to take on an influential role that will help shape our risk appetite, ultimately protecting both the bank and our customers
- You'll provide proactive risk and project management expertise that will support the delivery of reliable technology to serve our customers well
- With a wide variety of training and development initiatives, you'll be perfectly positioned to build your own professional profile while supporting the development of others
- You'll enjoy a varied palette of work and a high degree of exposure, as well as a chance to form a broad perspective of our Technology division
What you'll do
As a Technology Controls Manager, we'll look to you to provide guidance for a team responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Technology risk framework.
This will involve:
- Proactive and pre-emptive risk management
- Independently assessing risk impacts and controls
- The development and delivery of programmes of work to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, RBS policy and industry expectations
- Facilitating the timely resolution of audit and control issues
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you will need solid experience in risk and project management methodologies, and a good understanding of the application of regulatory and operational risk in a technology environment. An understanding of operational risk and controls theories, and practical implementation approaches in a financial services environment would also be desirable.
As well as this, you'll need:
- Experience of control and process design methods
- The ability to undertake independent assurance of the adequacy and effectiveness of risks, controls and processes from a compliance perspective
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to balance risk and controls to ensure alignment risk appetite
Knowledge and understanding of 3rd party risk and contract management processes would be an advantage, but just as important is the enthusiasm to continue developing your expertise in this area.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.