Software Designer (Oracle & PL/SQL)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in Oracle, PL SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting, a position as Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for owning the specific parts of a solution from design and development through to test and implementation should understand agile methodology and work in iterative scrums.
To qualify for this role, you need to be a qualified engineering/MCA graduate from a recognized and reputed institute along with strong prior experience of 4+ years in Oracle DB Architecture, relation modelling and SQL & PL/SQL programming.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the FX & MM Settlements IT at Technology India reporting to the Delivery Manager.
This is a strategic role within NatWest Markets Technology India working on design and development of settlement system platform for supporting FX&MM settlements requirements. The program involves development of new features to meet regulatory requirements, realize operational efficiencies and also forms the backbone of the Operations simplification agenda.
As Software Designer, you will be required to:
- Be a key part of technical design efforts, applying current software design techniques
- Participate in recruitment activity - define new skill requirements and assess potential candidate fit
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting to status/progress to Manager, including escalation of issues and exceptions. The candidate should have clear articulation of progress against a plan. Escalate, clearly define and own issues through to resolution
- Interaction with numerous business groups (Operations, Middle Office, Front Office, Risk, Finance) throughout the full project lifecycle, and with other IT teams as appropriate
Skills you need
- Experience of translating business requirements to high/low level designs. Experience of components and application level designs. Experience of industry standard design and coding standards
- Proven experience, within a structured or matrix managed project environment, of undertaking full project responsibility for all stages of the development life cycle, proven experience of working as interface between build and test teams and engaging in problem investigation and resolution.
- Experience delivering through Test Driven Development methodology, in-depth knowledge of Oracle DB Architecture, relation modelling, SQL & PL/SQL programming, Oracle SQL Performance Tuning, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Datawarehousing
- Experience of UNIX shell scripting programming & batch scheduling, Investment Banking Back office knowledge and experience in systems or processes around trade life cycle. Familiarity with investment banking products, knowledge of derivatives, Fixed income and money markets
- Working knowledge of various Software Development Methodologies like Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Scrum, test driven development and continuous integration with the ability to apply them to specific projects
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.