This job posting is no longer active
Job Location: Chennai
If your expertise lies in Oracle and UNIX, a position as Analyst – Environment is ideal for you. In this role, you will be collaborating with other application project and infrastructure teams to plan the environment provisioning/maintenance for a particular application.
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong prior experience in infrastructure architecture, data centers, servers, and networks on Windows and Unix Operating systems.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the PBB Mortgages reporting to the Test Lead.
In PBB Mortgages, there are multiple environments that are required to be managed and new ones have to be procured and provisioned as per the project demands. As an Environment analyst this role needs to specialize in diagnosing and solving problems in complex environments. Issues in testing environments could be storage issues, malfunctioning server platforms or user setup issues.
As Analyst – Environment, you will be required to:
- Implement environment monitoring tools, maintain the software environment including installations, configurations, updates and patches
- Manage the day to day operations of the environment, monitor the applications for performance, capacity and availability
- Troubleshoot performance and availability issues in the software environment, work with the vendor and other global team members to support the environment and troubleshoot issues
- Develop and lead improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools, manage and documents changes to components/processes in the hardware/software within the responsibilities of their specific assignments
- Status update to stakeholders on progress, coordination with different teams (like Testing, Infrastructure etc) to resolve the bottleneck(s)
Skills you need
- JAVA knowledge and PL/SQL, skill sets to install, configure, maintain and support networks
- Flexible and reliable worker, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, troubleshooting performance and availability issues in a complex environment
- Oracle database client software, Technical/admin scripting experience of any kind
- Experience with 3rd party softwares like TOAD, JIRA, STASH
- A strong sense of accountability for meeting commitments.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo in a professional and mature manner.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first & foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.