Senior Software Designer (TLM)
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in all TLM aspects including control, Recon Admin, Design Studio, Smart Studio, Web Connect and CT Tool, a position as TLM Control Developer/Senior software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing, building and managing large investment Programme deliveries under “Change the Bank” initiative and also all aspects of running the bank on a day to day basis from a technology perspective.
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong prior experience in Global Financial Markets, IT Systems development, preferably in applications for back office operations.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Transaction Management, Operations and Shared Services at Technology India reporting to the Development Manager.
Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keeping the Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
As TLM/SSD, you will be required to:
- Use TLM application to develop and customize the user requirements, system workflow and database structures to meet new and changed business requirements
- Working closely with the stakeholders and other Team members to ensure that the changes being developed are fit for purpose and meet the documented business requirements and do not unexpectedly impact other system functions
- Keep full records of changes made and create release documentation that will allow the promotion of the development package to other testing and UAT environments, investigate incidents that the support team have diagnosed as relating to application configuration. Advise on problem resolution or possible work around
- Provide full and comprehensive documentation of all changed and new components so that they can be successfully promoted from Development to UAT and ultimately into Production
- Liaise with Team Members and Environment Management team to provide refreshed Development and testing environments before commencing work packages
Skills you need
- Technical knowledge of TLM product & using the vendors application tools and customize the user interface screens, system workflow and database structures to meet new version of TLM
- To upgrade TLM Cash & Confirmations instances from control 1.2 to 1.3 using the vendors application tools and customize the user interface screens, system workflow and database structures to meet new version of TLM. Building the new configuration in Control
- Building of CT packages and applying the packages to target environments. Progressing system changes within the applications, component testing and integration testing solutions as far as ‘ready for UAT’
- TLM Schema Design and use of TLM Smart Schema, amending the configuration in Control to accommodate the upgrade changes
- Providing full and comprehensive documentation of all changed and new components so that they can be successfully promoted from Development to UAT and ultimately into Production
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.