Business Admin Apprenticeship
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as a Business Admin Apprenticeship in Edinburgh
- You’ll enjoy a great deal of variety, contributing to several projects that aim to improve the customer journey
- Part of our growing community of apprentices, you’ll benefit from a supportive and collaborative working environment, and gain a fantastic insight into how the bank operates
- We’ll start you on a competitive and flexible reward package of £19,744 and you’ll work towards a Business Administration Level 3 qualification
- Sitting within our Chief Operating Office, you’ll be a valued member of a growing area of the bank that makes sure that we are working in the correct ways, and doing the right thing for our customers
What you'll do
The Chief Operating Office (COO) manages the day to day administration and operation of the business, ensuring the actions we take are aligned with the overall vision and strategy. With a key focus on innovation, you’ll help us to continually improve our processes, systems and customer service by working on numerous projects that vary in size.
This will involve:
- Researching, collating and analysing data, keeping an eye out for any areas that we can improve
- Working alongside a team of specialists, responsible for maintaining the bank’s key organisational processes and operating systems
- Identifying any potential risks across our systems, and mitigating their impact
- Making sure we always meet our regulatory obligations
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for proactive people with a strong customer focus. You’ll need to be highly organised and able to multi-task.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail
- The enthusiasm to build a broad understanding of our systems and processes
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night. Your hours of work are likely to be between 9am and 5pm but we’ll discuss in more detail with you during the interview stage.
In addition, you’ll:
- Earn a competitive salary as you learn through on the job training
- Receive support from your buddy as you study towards a professional qualification through a structured online learning and development programme
The Apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background who are 16 or over. It is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
How we'll reward you
You’ll start on a competitive reward package of £19,744, your package includes the chance to join our retirement saving plan, and to choose whatever protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras you want from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.