Developer - Technical Architect
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in managing the Middleware platform environments especially in SWIFT, a position as Middleware Software Designer is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for working with both development and infrastructure teams to control application and code release through the life-cycle of a project, being the prime link between application development and IT infrastructure.
To qualify for this role, you need to have strong knowledge of the end-to-end project lifecycle: Architecture, design, development, testing, release & change management and deployment.
What the Business Does
This role is based in the Global Message Hub application at M&IB reporting to Manager.
The application (collectively known as Global Message Hub (GMH)) handle the external messaging for all of M&IB’s SWIFT payments, trade confirmations, regulatory reporting and Clearing and Matching feeds and processes 5 million messages and transfers in excess of £200bn messages a day.
The team delivers a large program of change with over 120 releases a year to meet the many demands that arise from mandated regulatory, investment driven and BAU requirements.
As Middleware Technical Architect, you will be required to:
- Liaise with both IT and business stakeholders to ensure environment and test facilities are available to multiple projects at any one time; with the Infrastructure team to make sure code levels and configuration changes are documented and audited
- Support project teams in establishing current and future infrastructure capacity of GMH, provide consulting to the Architecture, PM, Developers about environment capacity, capabilities and availability
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on SWIFT, CREST, DTCC, ETC/CTM, OG Direct, Transaction (MIFID), and Trade Reporting, TRAX, and Xpedite systems to the Testing and Operations team at RBS
- Work with project and infrastructure teams, as well other architect(s), at the design stage of all projects to ensure IT standards are adhered to
- Support developers through software deployments to Dev environments; responsible for package deployments to all other lover environments, Ensure package format and standards are in line with the RBS Golden Rules
Skills you need
- 10+ years of industry expereince and relevance in TIBCO BW, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO Spotfire, Sybase, IBM MQ and knowledge on relational Databases like Sybase and Oracle
- Understanding of payment, clearing and transaction reporting flows and third party vendors, such as SWIFT, CREST, DTCC, MarkitSERV, Xpedite, LCH, Clearnet and Messaging Middleware architecture
- TIBCO BW Development including design, documentation, coding and unit testing
- Proven track record in managing IT systems with multiple Development, System Integration and Testing environments
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Middleware projects with exposure to multiple application development lifecycles methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model, Agile
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.