Technical Specialist, Solutions Developer
This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Technical Specialist, Solutions Developer to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll use your broad degree of technical knowledge in our exciting new strategic technology, Enterprise Service Platform (ESP) which is part of the bank-wide Transformation Programme
- Join a team who are providing the step-change to a Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) approach
- Benefit from working in an innovative and responsive programme that aims to radically reduce the complexities of interfaces between bank systems, and the cost, risk and time to market of delivering technology change variety
What you'll do
Your remit will cover defining the appropriate physical service implementation for Enterprise Services, and setting the direction on the standards for service interface definition, and associated templates and frameworks. By collaborating and influencing Franchise Programme stakeholders, including designers and Project Managers, you'll make sure the Enterprise Service is used appropriately.
You'll provide insight into feasibility and solutions options, highlighting any strengths and weaknesses, and as a result, make clear recommendations. You'll also:
- Deliver cost-effective designs to the business and align the solution with the corresponding business or IT architecture
- Be closely aligned with key stakeholders, the business, change and functional delivery teams to ensure design compliance and successful delivery
- Document the BOM design in accordance with standard methods
- Provide expert guidance and assure solution design shows alignment against enterprise architecture target state
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a broad range of technical knowledge, with real expertise in MQ, WMB or IIB. You'll have strong development experience and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of key channels and data sources for one of the franchises.
You'll have a proven record of developing new skills across toolsets and platforms. And it would be an advantage to have experience of SOA or model driven development.
Along with this, you'll bring:
- Knowledge of business domain and wider bank businesses, including supply chain and risk
- An awareness of technical domain and an understanding of key elements, including interfaces, platforms and legacy & industry-leading technologies
- A well developed communication style as you'll translate business requirements into successful designs
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.