Technical Specialist, IFW Modeller
This job posting is no longer active
Join us as an IFW Modeller in Edinburgh
- You'll play a key role in our exciting new strategic technology, Enterprise Service Platform (ESP) which is part of the bank-wide Transformation Programme
- Join a team who are providing the step-change to a Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) approach and provide input to the strategic business leadership
- Benefit from working in an innovative and responsive programme that aims to radically reduce the complexities of interfaces between bank systems, and the cost, risk and time to market of delivering technology change
What you'll do
As IFW Modeller, you'll translate different business requirements into high value business services implemented into an SOA environment. You'll apply data and function modelling techniques to define service interface requirements, and provide detailed modelling constructs for us in the enterprise service specification process and when needed, you'll customise the different service analysis models - BOM, CAM and TOM.
Within the course of your work, you'll:
- Provide analysis and modelling of requirements for integration into the logical BOM
- Ensure clear understanding of source system data through work with SMEs
- Map data in source systems to the BOM
- Assist in the production of integration high level designs
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll have a strong technical background in a banking context, and have the ability to pick up new technologies and processes quickly. You'll be producing high level designs to feed back to the business, adhering to all SOA standards throughout, therefore we're looking for an individual with strong data data modelling, business requirement analysis or model driven development experience.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Solid conceptual thinking
- Concise communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements
- Experience with appropriate service programming languages, including Java and eSQL
- Familiarity with UML, XML and SoaML
- Knowledge of and affinity with banking processes and data
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing date: 14/04/2017