This job posting is no longer active
We're looking for a Project Manager to join our Technology function in Edinburgh
- You'll lead and support the delivery of key business and technology solutions
- Along with the opportunity to shape your role, you’ll be in a position to influence how we do things through defining, sourcing and delivering change programmes
- You’ll be offered genuine career opportunities and benefit from a environment that encourages continual development
What you'll do
You'll build a team of solution design and delivery specialists with the ability to drive momentum towards a sustainable customer service capability. This will include taking a concept from the design, build, test and delivery through to business demand.
In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating a clear vision and scope for the application platform / project which is understood by all stakeholders, ensuring deliverables are capable of achieving the customer goals
- Establishing and embedding systems and mechanisms to control the successful delivery of changes to required performance indicators, including time, cost, and quality
- Being responsible for building effective partnerships with stakeholders, through platform and project resources in order to meet project/programme deliverables
- Developing short, medium and long term outlooks to manage and mitigate risk and issues
- Influencing and shaping delivery strategy and future platform and project work stacks to meet customer requirements
The skills you'll need
As Project Manager you'll have an in-depth knowledge of project management tools and techniques and excellent stakeholder management skills. You'll possess a high level of awareness when it comes to strategic objectives, always considering the operational and political landscapes that we work in.
In addition to this your main skills and experience will include:
- Strong personal ownership and the ability to analyse, diagnose and drive problem resolution
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong relationship building skills
- A clear, context-specific communication style with regards to verbal, written and presentation skills
- A flexible, collaborative and proactive work style
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.