Senior Business Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
If your expertise lies in business analysis concerning rates & equity derivatives, a position as Senior Business Analyst is ideal for you. In this role, you will be responsible for gathering requirements engaging with global stakeholders, creating functional specification by liaising between users and technical teams to analyze requirements, design solutions and managing the development and deployment of resulting projects.
To qualify for this role, you need to have 6 plus years of prior experience as Business Analyst and must have worked across settlements, brokerage, funding and other related back office activities for above product areas.
What the Business Does
This role is based at the Technology India division reporting to the Lead Business Analyst.
Technology India designs, builds, implements and supports global technology services for the bank. This includes application builds, testing, deployment, on-going IT Infrastructure support and a broad range of Keeping the Show on the Road (KSOR) activities. It is a key strategic element of the global technology function, enabling the bank to deliver 24/7 services to customers. The team also provides technology needs to the bank’s local businesses.
As Senior Business Analyst, you will be required to:
- Ensure accurate conversion of the functional specifications into technical design and be the subject matter expert on the requirements, prepare UAT scenarios, provide input into test scripts preparation and also provide guidance to end users through the same process
- Develop user training guides by combining understanding on the functional specification and knowledge of business usage of the product, support developers to develop and customize the user requirements, system workflow and database structures to meet new and changed business requirements
- Do requirement Analysis for bank priority programs in Middle to Back office space like rates & equity derivatives settlements, brokerage and funding, understand the business needs, identifying business solutions and validating the pros and cons of technical solution options
- Participate and Lead requirements workshops, sometimes including a large number of business SMEs who are geographically distributed, provide full and comprehensive documentation of all changed and new components so that they can be successfully promoted from Development to UAT and ultimately into Production
Skills you need
- A qualification from an Engineering College from reputed university / MCA (honours/ 1st class)/ MBA/CA, knowledge of global Financial Markets, IT Systems development, preferably in applications for back office operations
- Knowledge of Middle to Back office space like rates & equity derivatives settlements, brokerage and funding ,reconciliation, transaction reporting across multiple asset classes
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and functionality of applications used to support the business, ability to plan, prepare, and facilitate UAT test cycles, managing defects and issues to resolution
- Working knowledge of common techniques, tools, and languages used for enterprise analysis and business modelling such as BPMN, UML, SSADM, MS Project and Visio
- Deep knowledge and experience around the risk and controls within the financial industry, well-versed with SDLC
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.