Vice President, FXmicropay
FXmicropay is our award-winning, market-leading and innovative transactional FX service to large corporate customers. Serving some of the world’s most famous household names, especially in online retail, travel, hotels and more, the service has facilitated multi-currency pricing to consumers for over 10 years. For more information, see our website https://www.rbsm.com/psp/public/pagebuilder.aspx?page=rp0118.
As a key member of the growing global team, we have vacancies for dynamic individuals who have the capability to work in Sales, product development or account management, or across all three – based in London, UK or Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
In the Sales opportunity, your client list will be the world’s major corporates, with a mandate to get out and pitch to them as dictated by their needs – supported by world class multi-media collateral.
In the product development and account management opportunity, you will have a mandate to innovate and improve a world-class service to maintain our pre-eminent position, with the ability to immediately benefit highly visible services that our clients provide to their customers. Your role will span investment banking FX trading and fintech. We have a significant tech development team and form part of RBS Group’s core investments in innovation.
The vacancy is aimed at the Vice President corporate level but can be adapted for an outstanding candidate.
What you’ll do
Implementation of the FXmicropay sales and product strategy in chose geography, measured by:
- Number of new customers signed onto the service
- Overall volumes in the geography
- Tangible service developments/improvements delivered to customers
Increased awareness of FXmicropay in chosen regions and increased customer contact
Create and develop multi-media sales materials (including Powerpoint, iPad, videos, and web content).
Contribute to managing and maintaining the FXmicropay client pipeline in chosen geography, from front-to-back, taking customers from prospect stage through to live
Identify new areas of client potential both in product, customer type and geographic reach
Create customer-centric events to promote our capabilities and relationship with customers e.g. hackathons, conference stands/events
Assisting both the Head of Automated Treasury Solutions and senior sales staff with call reports, CRM system entries, and all aspects of sales and marketing administration
Following up on all account leads and dialogues, using all available internal and external contacts and existing sales resources to access and maintain client relationships
Assisting existing RBS client-facing staff with product knowledge and content
Product and Account Management:
Create customer-specific FXmicropay solutions that meet their requirements
Contribute to the planning of FXmicropay tech and product development
Attending FXmicropay client meetings, including preparation and follow-up
Identify and implement partnership opportunities with other areas of RBS and external parties Ensure compliance with our regulatory, legal and conduct obligations to US, UK and European customers
Answering day-to-day customer queries relating to payments and service
Assisting the team(s) with ongoing project management and project tasks
Operation of, and contribution to the improvement of, BAU processes including risk management, execution, controls and service monitoring
- Comply with Our Code, all RBS policies, ‘How we manage RBS’, and if applicable ‘How we manage our Business’, and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations.
- Proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes.
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management
- 1st Line of Defence
What you’ll bring
- Experience in Sales or a customer-facing front office environment; capable presenter
- Knowledge/experience of:
- payments service providers, processors
- FX and cross-border payments
- corporate implementations of FX / cross-border payments, especially within corporate treasury functions.
- corporate Enterprise Resource Platforms (ERPs) and Treasury Management Systems (TMS)
- FX Fintech market and customer propositions, including latest developments
- Capability to develop practical solutions for customers in FX/cross-border payments in conjunction with product teams
- Active and creative contributor to customer technology-focused propositions
- Good Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Display behaviors in line with Our Standards (mandatory wording)
- Ability to be based in the US (Stamford) office for extended periods, or permanently
- Languages – especially Spanish, Portuguese and French
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint, experience creating and editing multimedia including videos
- Knowledge of internal RBS systems, banking or FX trading, structuring and sales
- Educated to degree level