The Royal Bank of Scotland, Americas (RBSA) Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions & Terrorist Financing (AML/STF) Compliance program provides oversight for AML/STF across the Americas, establishes the framework for AML/STF compliance activities, and drives consistency and standards across RBSA. The program supports implementation of AML activities throughout RBSA Divisions in line with RBS Group (RBSG) AML/STF policy standards and local regulatory requirements.
As a member of the RBS Americas Financial Crime team and a direct report of the RBSA Head of Sanctions, the Senior Manager of Sanctions Governance will work closely with the RBSA Head of Sanctions on sanctions-related strategic initiatives, special projects and program improvements. This role liaises with divisional AML teams, the RBSG Sanctions Policy team, and manages responses to administrative subpoenas received from the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, as well as voluntary self disclosures, in addition to maintaining a proactive role as part of the wider Financial Crime team.
- Manage Cease and Desist action closure and communication with audit partners and regulators in regard to sanctions activities
- Act as POC for administrative subpoenas received from OFAC and ensure responses are timely (30 days) and contain complete information as well as supporting documentation to verify the information provided in the response
- Manage RBS' voluntary self disclosure process to disclose potential violations to OFAC; as deemed necessary
- Liaise with Group Internal Audit, Regulatory Risk and External Regulators regarding Sanctions procedures and practices to ensure that business line processes and risks are clearly understood
- Maintain familiarity with current OFAC sanctions requirements
- BA/BS required; MBA or JD most desired
- 5-7 years experience working in compliance, operational or audit function of a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency, with direct sanction experience and oversight
- Strong working knowledge of bank and/or securities regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments
- Knowledge of laws applicable to sanctions and money laundering, including OFAC requirements, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act, and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) requirements
- Influencing skills and ability to drive initiatives to completion within a matrix reporting environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are a must
- Experience with Cease and Desist Order project management is a must
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across divisions and groups. Ability to build network quickly, influence others, and effectively address audiences of all levels
- Advanced skills in creating high-impact presentations for all audiences (senior management, regulators, training, etc) including the ability to represent content concisely and through charts and graphics for enhanced visual impact
- Excellent PC skills - MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Able to handle stressful, fast paced and changing environment & maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel as required within the RBSA coverage areas (primarily NY, CT, MA, RI, and IL) and possible travel to the UK
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran