Market Risk is an independent control group within the investment bank. Market Risk works in partnership with the trading side of the business. The goal is to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance, and make RBS’ market risk profile transparent to senior management, the board, and regulators.
This position will cover Market Risk for the US Traded Credit businesses.
- Review and analyse trading strategies and inventory
- Communicate with the desk regarding the market risk exposures and limits
- Make sure that credit positions are properly setup and represented within risk systems
- Help establish a strong risk control process
- Coordinate with other functions to guarantee a robust risk oversight of desk inventory
- Present concise risk analysis to upper management, highlighting areas of concern
- Analyse and explain to the business their capital usage
- Establish capital structure controls for distressed issuers
- Proven interest in financial markets; detailed understanding of financial products
- Knowledge of market risk management techniques
- Prior knowledge of market risk issues in Credit and Rates businesses is desirable
- Understanding of analytics and risk measures for Corporate/Financial bonds, Credit Default Swaps, distressed securities, other financial products
- Needs to be able to analyze the balance-sheet of an issuer
- Should have good communication skills, and be able to present clear and concise analysis
- Should have a working understanding of databases, ability to develop simple VBA macros and be proficient using Excel
- Should be hard working and self motivated, and be able to work as part of project teams
- Bachelors Degree with major in Economics/Business/Engineering/Physics/Math Related Field
- 5+ years of experience in financial markets
- Advanced degree preferred
- Strong quantitative skills
It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC and its subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
“Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”